Skip to main content

My less than appealing introduction

Hi. My name is Missy. I am 39 years old. I, like everyone, have a story to tell and a journey to share. Part of my journey has been getting to where I am right now. Where am I right now?  Well,......let's see....Currently as I said, I am 39.   I am a mother and a grandmother. I am unemployed, a convicted felon, and a heroin addict.  Why I would choose to introduce myself in this way? Well, this is how society defines me. Plain and simple.  So I figure I may as well just lay it all out there. Let's go a few steps further.  I live with my parents, and am currently on welfare.  Oh! And I'm a single mom. Okay, honestly that last sentence took some guts. So now that I have been thoroughly judged and put in my place in everyone's minds, let me explain why I am seemingly in no position to be giving advice, let alone trying to help anyone but have every intention on doing exactly that. I am where I am today because I chose to be.  Now, if taken literally, it sounds as if I CHOSE to be a mooch and live off of taxpayers hard earned money by being lazy and not getting a job.  This is the furthest it could possibly be from the truth.  If you care to stick around, you will get to see a transformation. Who knows...perhaps this is my way of holding myself accountable...of making sure I accomplish what I intend to do with my life.
 I will start my story by telling you that I am a survivor of domestic abuse.  However, it was not without cost. I chose every day for seven years to stay with my abuser. My daughter, my beautiful precious daughter, Poppy, payed the ultimate price for my choice.   She did not make it out of the relationship alive, as my other two daughters and I did.  My daughter died because I was afraid to leave.  I think about her and miss her every second of every day.  Bless her little heart and her beautiful little soul.  I will never see her again. I will never hear her sweet little voice or hear her happy sounds of laughter or feel her safe in my arms again.  Ever. My heart is broken into a million pieces and there is no way in this universe that it will ever heal from this experience. I will touch more on this later, as this has brought me to tears, and now I am losing momentum on my intentions here.  I am, very obviously, only human.
I know there are a bazillion self help books, groups, blogs, and what not out there, but I assure you, if you decide to take this journey with me, you will find strength and hope and the courage to figure out where you fit in and what your purpose is.  I am not going to wait until the end of my journey to celebrate.  I am going to celebrate along the way.  If I can celebrate where I am in life, anyone can.

Comments

  1. I love you Beautiful! I applaud your boldness to be transparent & your pursuit for contstant healing. You have an amazing family and testimony. Looking forward to reading more and continuing to support & encourage you from afar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Bex. This means so much to me to see that people are reading this! If I can touch even one person's life, then I have accomplished my goal. I love you girl and I appreciate the comment and your support. 💜

      Delete
    2. Keep up the amazing way ONLY you can touch others. 😘 Sharing our testimonies is powerful. 💘 👭🙌 Philippians 4:13

      Delete
  2. I know you've heard this before (and it may or may not be comforting), but sister, you WILL hold your daughter again, you WILL hear her laugh again, if you choose. She is so proud of you right now. She sees the mother you are today, and God sees the person you are striving to be. God bless your mending heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind, encouraging words, Brandi. I have to believe that I will see her and hold her again. I have to. Some days I push her out of my mind completely because I can't bear it, and then others I think about this and can't wait for that moment. I mean can you imagine? Her smiling little face running up to me and jumping into my arms.....I try to live my life by that. I have to.

      Delete
  3. Hey, I found it! No clue what to comment, or if you even see these. But I'm hearing you ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck Alive

 February 18th, 2023      My first born died 30 days ago.   I can't function correctly.  I can take care of my little one....my mom is helping.  But Collette is dead.  I don't know........anything.  Like WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING!? Are you mother fucking serious? Three kids?  THREE? Who the fuck is in charge here, and I want to talk to them NOW! How could a world, a universe, a GOD, be SO cruel?  I have watched 3 children die...or held them after death, or saw them after death and couldn't touch them.  My life is cursed and I am so fucking sorry to my two children left that they were born into this.  I can't even fathom what cruel entity would be capable of this.  I can't stop crying, I can't stop trying to text her.  I CANT anymore.  How the fuck am I supposed to?   I KNOW I have no choice.  I KNOW I am stuck being alive.  What do you even do with that?  Oh my sweet Collette, I can't do this without you.  My first born, my best friend, I can't carry th